Revlon Fire and Ice ColorStay Satin Ink Liquid Lipstick ($12.39 for 0.17 oz) is a neon red-coral with moderate warm undertones and a slightly glossy cream finish. I found this to be more prone to wearing unevenly over time compared to other shades in the range.
CONTINUE READING: Formula overview for details on overall performance and properties (such as fragrance).
- Estee Lauder Burn It (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty True Coral (P, $57.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay EZ (DC, $18.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Escandalo (P, $25.00) is darker, more muted, less shiny (90% similar).
- Estee Lauder Pretty Lucky (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Devil Inside (Lip Color) (PiP, ) is darker, warmer, less glossy (85% similar).
- YSL Le Rouge (01) (P, $39.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- ColourPop Flower SZN (P, $10.00) is darker, warmer, less glossy (80% similar).
- Lancome Idole (186) (LE, $32.00) is more shimmery, darker, less shiny (80% similar).
- ColourPop Fortune Favors (P, $7.00) is darker, less glossy (80% similar).
$10.99/0.17oz. – $64.65 an ounce
The formula is said to be “comfortable, brilliant” and wear “16 hours”, “doesn’t dry out the lips” and is “highly pigmented”. Most shades had semi-opaque to opaque opacity; Some of the vampire shades tended to be more transparent, while the more mid-tone shades tended to be more opaque.
The texture was light, creamy and smooth, but it was more runny and I found the applicator tended to apply too much. I tried using one side of the applicator and just lightly dabbing the other side when I needed more product to get an even coat of product, but when I used both sides of the applicator it seemed like too much product.
The brand recommended a “minute or so” to adjust, and I’d agree; It seemed to be taking a longer time to really get to a more transfer resistant finish. It tended to get on my teeth more until it set, but once it set I had no trouble getting it onto my teeth, but the wait was quite long just sitting there .
After setting, it had a moderately tacky feel but typically did not lift color. There were a few shades that I felt were less consistent across the range and these tended to have issues with texture at various stages of wear. It was comfortable to wear, flexible and didn’t dry out.
I found wear to vary greatly from shade to shade, with some shades lasting as little as six hours and others closer to 12 hours. In general, most shades have not survived two meals well. Not surprisingly, some of the lighter shades tended to be shorter held shades, while richer and more red-based shades held up better.
It had a sweet, fruity-floral scent, but no discernible flavor to me.
Browse all of our Revlon ColorStay Satin Ink Liquid Lipstick Swatches.
Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Mica, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Diisostearyl Malate, Methicone, Ribes Nigrum (Blackcurrant) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract , Serica Powder/Silk Powder/Poudre de Soie, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethyl Citrate, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Linalool, Benzoic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available from the brand (or retailer) at the time of publication. Please always check the product packaging, if available, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you are purchasing or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.