*Links marked with an asterisk are affiliate links, these help Ree with the running costs of the blog
I’m a huge fan of MAC lip products so I was very excited to test the brand new MAC Powder Kiss Velvet Blur Slim Stick. I have a range of shades here that I want to show you with swatches and lip swatches.
What is MAC Powder Kiss Velvet Blur Slim Stick?
If you love your lip color but like something soft yet bold looking, I think you will absolutely love this new launch from MAC. These lipsticks feel super sleek in the hand and on application, making it easy to create a beautiful and flattering lip look in seconds.
- Moisturizing matte lip color
- Instantly moisturizes and improves lip hydration over time
- Formulated to provide 12 hour hold
- Velvety finish
- Has the effect of reducing the appearance of lip lines
- Blurs and smoothes the surface of the lips
- Resistant to bleeding and spills
- The elegant packaging is easy to carry
- Bullet perfectly shaped for charging on the go
- Available in 12 shades
MAC Powder Kiss Velvet Blur Shades & Swatches
There are 12 shades in this series and I want to show you 6 of them.
- Sweet Cinnamon – Warm, peachy nude in mid tones
- Stay curious – Pinky Red
- Hot Paprika – bright bright orange
- Dedicated to Danger – bright orange-red
- Gingerella – light orange coral
- Brickthrough – warm dusty pink
- Sorry Not Sorry – Dirty Pumpkin Orange
- Ruby New – bright bluish red
- Sheer Outrage – Grapefruit pink
- Wild Sumac – warm red berry
- Over The Taupe – Dirty nude in mid tones
- Mull It Over – dirty peach
First of all, I absolutely love the way these are applied. It’s so easy to achieve beautiful coverage and a soft finish in one swipe, and gives a stunning, natural, hydrated, healthy look.
The sphere shape makes it really easy to contour and define while providing full coverage of the lips.
The feeling is super comfortable and it feels really moisturizing and hydrating. Even after a few hours my lips still feel hydrated like I applied a balm earlier in the day.
The color holds up really well and wears off in a very natural way and stays even. It doesn’t fully survive a lot of eating and drinking, but when I’ve worn it without drinking and eating it stays pretty much perfect.
Filling in is easy because my lips stay nice and hydrated so you can add more layers and it doesn’t get flaky or dry.
Also, I love the packaging. They look super chic and are very luxurious and valuable in the hand. All in all, a big thumbs up from me for the MAC Powder Kiss Velvet Blur. Shade wise, I love Over the Taupe for a simple nude and Devoted to Danger for more statement.
Heads up: The MAC Advent Calendar is coming soon and it’s full of great lip products. Get all MAC advent info here.
Where to buy MAC Powder Kiss Velvet Blur?
The lipsticks are available now for £24 each via the links below: