Gimme Glow Cravin’ Cajun Dream Blush ($14.00 for 0.34 oz.) is a vibrant, darker neon grade coral pink paired with a matte finish. I was incredibly impressed with how evenly it applied without much effort considering how pigmented and light it was!
CONTINUE READING: Formula overview for details on general performance and properties (such as fragrance).
- Victoria Beckham Beauty Rollerskate (P, $42.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- ColourPop Mic Drop (P, $8.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- NARS Angel Pride III (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- MAC Painted Canyon (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Hotline (P, $7.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Tower 28 Happy Hour (P, $20.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Makeup by Mario Earthy Pink (P, $28.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop Lomo (LE, $4.50) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Strawberry Drip (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, brighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Salt New York Cranberry (P, $16.00) is lighter, less pigmented (90% similar).
$14.00/0.34oz. – $41.18 per ounce
The powder blush formula is said to have “extreme color payoff that blends easily.” The brand goes so far as to claim that “all it takes is one or two very light dips in your pan”.
The blush was very pigmented with a smooth, finely ground texture that felt silky, thin but not sticky and actually blended quite well. When you have an incredibly opaque formula, blendability is what saves it, and it was particularly noticeable (and critical!) given that the series’ finish was matte. Pigmented matte blushes are difficult to blend without layering translucent/setting powder underneath, but these blend well over bare skin as well as foundation.
While pigmentation and coverage may be required for certain shades to appear on deeper skin tones, these were definitely extremely pigmented as marketed – a very, very little could go a long way and still give near-opaque coverage. I would recommend these for people who like to use more pigmented products, tend to layer their blush, or don’t have trouble diffusing and going back in to soften the color when needed.
Most of the shades in the range lasted around nine hours before appearing visibly faded, with some shades lasting longer or shorter.
Browse all of our Give Me Glow Dream Blush swatches.
Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Boron Nitride, Kaolin Clay, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Silica Microspheres, Mica (77019), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Zinc Stearate, May +/- Iron Oxides, Red 7, 27, 33, 40, Yellow Lake, 5, 6, Blue Lake 1, Chromium Oxide, Ultramarines, Manganese Violet, Isododecane, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available from the brand (or retailer) at the time of publication. Please always check the product packaging, if available, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you are purchasing or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.