Sharing the details on an upcoming 7-day detox by Dr. Cabral. Share the details here and how to get involved if you’d like!
Hello friends! How’s the morning going? I loved reading about your goals for the year ahead. Please keep me updated on your progress and if you have any posting requests or topics I can cover to support you, please comment or email me at email@example.com.
It’s hard to believe that the holidays are over and the kids are going back to school this week. While I’m devastated – I enjoyed sleeping late and enjoying quiet days a little too much – it will be nice to get back into a routine. We’ve got loads of things to look forward to over the next few months, including a Disney cruise, a trip to Disneyland, and a top-secret trip (it’s part of Liv’s birthday surprise).
One of the things I’m also looking forward to this month is another 7 day detox with EquiLife. I felt SO GREAT after the last one and it’s been a few months so I’m ready for another round. I usually do some sort of reset every January. Sometimes I cut out sugar and alcohol completely for a month, other times I just focus on solid nutrition. It feels great to get used to eating (and craving) veggies and fresh foods again, especially after the joyful avalanche of holiday treats and cocktails.
Moderation is now my jam, especially since the times of renunciation are long gone. When I want a sweet treat or something more indulgent, I eat it and savor every bite. It’s been a festive few months and I’m feeling a bit sluggish and have more sugar cravings than usual. Usually when New Year’s Eve rolls around I’m looking forward to getting back to a *more normal* meal. I love kickstarting it with a little reboot and this year I’m doing this liver based functional medicine detox.
So many of you took part last time, so I wanted to invite you to join if you want to play another round. The fun starts on January 22nd, so order your kit now and get started!
Here’s more about this 7-day detox:
– It is a liver-based detox to help your body reset, provide a break from digesting heavy foods, and potentially help your body eliminate toxins we accumulate from our environment. It contains functional medicinal ingredients and Ayurvedic herbs to support phase 1 and 2 liver detoxification.
– It is nutrition-oriented. It includes POWERHOUSE Daily Nutritional Support powder (which I’ve had in my smoothies for the past few months and notice a difference in how I feel when I drink this smoothie) and eating guidelines for the remaining meals. The goal is that your body is NOT deprived of any nutrients during the process.
– It can possibly help with weight loss (although that’s not a focus for me), along with Anti-aging and wellness for the whole body.
– It’s only 7 days! When I first started working with a naturopath (back then! It was like 2010), he had me do a month-long detox that was in a similar format (but didn’t include the Ayurvedic supplements). It’s so much easier to do for 7 days and I feel like my results have been even better with the added nutritional support. (The first two days are just supplements and smoothies – I usually add some berries – and on the third day you add nutrient dense meals using their meal guide/template.) It’s also very flexible; Many people start with the plan on day three (morning smoothie, vegan lunch, paleo dinner) and get great results.
Top 6 ingredients included in the program:
1) N-acetylcysteine (NAC), which can stimulate the production of glutathione in the body
2) Glutathione, an antioxidant that can help heal and detoxify the liver
3) Broccophane, an antioxidant that may enhance the liver’s detoxification ability
4) Alpha Lipoic Acid, another antioxidant that may enhance detoxification
5) Triphala, a trifecta of Ayurvedic herbs that can aid in detoxification and digestion
6) Vitamins and minerals to support the body and fill nutrient gaps
Each detox kit includes the following:
Daily Nutritional Support:
This one-stop shop for vitamins, minerals, protein, electrolytes, and antioxidants is the heart and soul of Dr.Cabral Detox. With 15 grams of vegan protein, Daily Nutritional Support provides your body with much-needed energy and nutrients as your body begins to rid itself of toxins.
FM Detox utilizes the latest in functional medicine research and provides the compounds needed to support both phases of liver detoxification. Essential amino acids, antioxidants, and botanical extracts like milk thistle help the body capture and transport toxins to the liver, where they can be metabolized and removed in phase two. Ingredients like dandelion root extract support the production of bile, which aids in elimination. As a diuretic, dandelion root increases the water supply to the liver, which facilitates the elimination of toxins in the urine.
By incorporating ancient Ayurvedic healing traditions that support optimal detoxification, AM Detox helps begin the detoxification process. Various diuretics transport water to the liver and increase the solubility of toxins. Triphala, the combination of three plants: Emblica officinalis, Terminalia bellerica, and Terminalia chebula, has been studied for its role in gastrointestinal health. When used together, this powerful trio promotes the growth of beneficial gut microbes, Bifidobacteria and Lactobacillus, while inhibiting the growth of unwanted strains.
(You can read more and explore scholarly references here.)
Things I’ve noticed after doing this detox twice:
– As someone who has had gallbladder problems in the past (which I was able to solve on my own), I always like to show my liver a little extra support. I have no more gallbladder pain at all (I think quitting Beyond Meat helped with that too) and after two successful detoxes I know I’ll be incorporating this into my routine at least twice a year.
– My energy was a bit low the first day, but the second afternoon, I felt incredible. I was energized, focused, my skin was glowing and I felt great.
– It was a very easy month for my cycle. I haven’t had any cramps or PMS symptoms, and I’ve learned that my cycles are best uneventful during the months when I’m more strategic with my training, sleep, stress reduction, and diet.
– It reset my taste buds. When I have more sugar in my diet, things like fruit and salad taste steamed. By bringing things back to basics, it reawakened my senses of how I liked to taste food and I was able to fully enjoy my meals and be present at mealtimes again.
– I don’t weigh myself regularly, but I’ve noticed that my clothes fit better after the complete detox. I felt less bloated and inflamed. You can read my recap of the last detox as well as the recipes I used here!
This detox is NOT for you IF:
– you currently have or are recovering from an eating disorder. Keep working to improve your relationship with food and your health, and know that I cheer you on and send you my love and support.
– You are training for a strenuous event or need to maintain a super active lifestyle. On days 1-2, you want to take it easy (walking, stretching, gentle yoga, or nothing at all). If you are unable to do this, you can perform a modified version of the detox by having the smoothies for breakfast and lunch, and then a nutrient-rich dinner in the evening. Let me know if you have any questions about this!
– You have health concerns that would prevent you from participating.
****As always, consult your physician before making any fitness or diet changes. Honor your body.*****
How to sign up + a discount code:
If you want to get involved, you can click this link and enter FITNESSISTA20 for 20% of your program! There are also hundreds of amazing reviews on the site.
Once you sign up, join our virtual wellness group so we can stay connected and support each other. The detox begins on January 22nd.
If you have any questions about the program, check out this Instagram Live I did with Dr. Cabral and go through some of the key questions. If you have any questions that we can answer, leave them in the comments below!
I can’t wait to do this with you and hear about your results. <3