Many of you have asked for best value beauty kit gift ideas and I think hair care is one of the categories with the best options. I think hair care kits or tools are a can’t-miss option – every single person I know is always looking for a great hair mask or new tool to try. One of my favorite beauty gifts of all time was the Dyson Airwrap Styler (original version) which I use almost every day.
With the Sephora sale in full swing, I wanted to highlight my favorites in hair care. It’s a nice time to save on gift sets or something you’ve wished for yourself. I have divided my favorites into categories. Use code SAVINGS at checkout to save:
- Rouge members save 20% from 28.10. until 7.11
- VIB members save 15% from November 1st to November 7th
- Insiders save 10% on purchases from 11/3 until 7.11
Here are my favorite hair styling tools:
- ghd Platinum+ Styler – 1″ Flat Iron Gift Set with Paddle Brush and Heat Resistant Case ($279) – This is my hair styling tool for a straight straight hair look or light curls. This holiday they have it in a great value gift set with their Paddle Brush + Travel Case (Love!!!). For those who want to see it in action, you can see my natural hair condition in this video. That really makes a big difference!
- ghd Paddle Brush ($35) – This is available in the gift set listed above and individually, I really love them. It’s the perfect size and weight. Great that it’s sturdy and well made.
- Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer ($429) – Love this for a good blow out. This is smaller than the Airwrap, making it easier to travel with. I’ve had mine since 2017 and I still love it to this day.
- Dyson Airwrap Styler ($599) – I have the original and think it’s the best of the best. So many options with the attachments, easy to use but if you don’t really frizz your hair go for the Supersonic.
- T3 AirLuxe Hair Dryer ($199.99) or Afar Lightweight Hair Dryer ($179.99) – While I think the Dyson is the cream of the crop, I understand it’s not in everyone’s budget. T3 also makes great tools (both are under $200). I have given these to friends as gifts and it definitely has a WOW factor.
ghd platinum+ styler in action:
Shampoo + conditioner
I switch hair care routines frequently as there are so many great formulas out there these days. My top 4 Sephora brands include Oribe, Olaplex, Kerastase, and Briogeo. There are different formulas for different hair types and needs. These are my most frequently repurchased formulas:
I have to admit I’ve been neglecting hair masks this year, but I started using them again and noticed a world of difference in smoothness and shine. These are my favourites
Heat Protection/Leave In/Primer
Since I use heat devices regularly, a leave-in conditioner, primer, or heat protectant is essential. There are tons of options and I know it can get overwhelming on which to use and when. Here are my favorites and when I use them (many of which are versatile):
For straighteners or curling irons:
For hair dryer heat:
Prep and Care/Detangling:
Dry shampoo and texturizer and volume
I hope you found this summary helpful! I know I’ve covered a lot, but I hope the category breakdown helps you find the products as needed. If you need more hair care recommendations, let me know in the comments!
Shop the mail
Great hair tools
Great gift sets